Friday, May 25, 2018

RPG Pub: A Shout-Out To My Favorite Gaming Forum

I've been on a lot of forums and discussion boards dedicated to the discussion of role-playing games and I've had many varying experiences, some were good and some were bad. Now I'm not going to go into every RPG forum I've posted on and rant about which ones were good and which ones were bad, because I want to keep this blog a positive one. So, I'm not going to put down or demean any forum of any kind, even the nameless ones that I found to be less than pleasant. Nor am I going to rave on about every single forum that I loved.

However, I will talk about one forum I do love more than any other.

This is a website that in my opinion, is the single-greatest online community for tabletop role-playing games that I have ever seen or participated in. And you can trust your hillbilly on this one!

Of course, I am talking about RPG Pub, where I regularly post under the name Doc Sammy.

RPG Pub

(For those who are curious, the name "Doc Sammy" was originally the name of a Vampire: The Masquerade LARP character I played back in 2011)

RPG Pub was started a little over a year ago, in the spring of 2017. I was one of the first people to sign up for the forum back then, and since then I have had a wonderful time posting ideas and discussing games with many good people there.

RPG Pub is a friendly place, full of free and open discussion where you can discuss anything you want with one major caveat: No real-world politics.

And it is that caveat that makes me love RPG Pub more than any other forum.

While I do have my own personal political views, I will not be discussing them in this post and I will try my best to avoid bringing them up on my blog because this is not a political blog, it is a gaming blog.

The users there are some of the friendliest out there, and I have a lot of respect and admiration for the administration staff who run a tight ship and are very friendly and approachable. I know it seems like I'm kissing up to the people over there, but I am serious about RPG Pub being my favorite online discussion board period.

And while this may seem like much, I am writing this blog post out of the bottom of my heart.

RPG Pub is a friendly gaming forum where I can relax and just discuss my main hobby with like-minded people and not worry about socio-political drama. It's a nice oasis from an increasingly polarized and divided world of social media and online controversies. It's a place where I can feel happy, safe, and relaxed. No worries, just friendly banter about role-playing games, all sorts of cool play-by-post campaigns, and the like.

I figured I should pay my respects and give the site a shout-out and to anyone who reads this blog, I strongly urge you to sign up and make an account!

Tell them Doc Sammy sent you!


8 comments:

  1. Hope you don't mind I've added you to the 'other blog' side bar of mine. Iirc you're the second, small and new RPG blog I've added there since I figured it's the least I could do. Not to mention such blatant 'weabooism' in this blogosphere is a tad bit unusual and, hey why not, I want to see if this goes anywhere worthwhile ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I very much appreciate it and I hope you enjoy my future blog posts as well.

      Delete
  2. I hear that Dumarest guy at RPGPub is pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed he is. Dumarest is one of my favorite users on that site!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suspect Dumarest's real name is Matt Celis ... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joined Doc Sammy, Ebon Hearted Soul.

    ReplyDelete